Newsagency Agreement Policy
In November 1998, the Australian Competition Tribunal determined that the former authorisation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for the sale and distribution of magazines through a system of exclusive territorial agents was revoked, effective 1 July 1999.
Bauer Media, working with the ANF, has led the market releasing a national retail and distribution agreement for newsagents previously authorised under the state-based council system. The Bauer Media Retail Agreement provides security for newsagents by recognising their existing distribution services within a territory and formalised retail and promotional requirements for Bauer Media. Some of the key benefits (subject to eligibility conditions in some cases) that the Bauer Media Retail Agreement offers are as follows:
- Confirmation of trading terms between Bauer Media and Agent
- Guaranteed supply of Bauer magazines for the term of the agreement
- Participation in the Connections with Bauer program
- Bauer Media to provide six months notice of any intention to deliver direct to a subagent
- Access to added value services such as merchandiser support & sales growth initiatives
- Agent may transfer Agent's business along with the benefits of this agreement
For you reference the Bauer Media Retail Agreement may be downloaded below.